WEST JORDAN, Utah- Jordan School District announced Wednesday, they will be offering free breakfasts and lunches at all schools. The meals are available for all students of the school district for a limited time.
In a statement, the Jordan School District stated that free meals are possible because of the US Department of Agriculture “Free Meals Waiver.” The USDA is committing to free meal service through December 31, 2020, or until current funding runs out.
Sandy Riesgraf, Director of Communications for the school district, explains this is to help families. “[The free meals] is so families can get back on their feet, and have one less thing to worry about. When kids are fed it’s fuel for the brain.”
The statement details the meals will be served in the cafeteria. Online and “at-home” students may pick up meals at specific times and places designated by each school.
Additionally, curbside lunch and breakfast will be available for all kids 18 years-old and under at three Jordan School District schools: Joel P. Jensen Middle, Elk Ridge Middle, and South Hills Middle Schools. From 10 AM to 11 AM, Monday through Friday, parents can receive the meals in the comfort of their vehicles. However, the student must be present in order to receive a free meal.
Riesgraf is hopeful the USDA’s funding will last through the end of 2021. “If we can help these parents and students with these meals, that’s a big thing.”
Riesgraf reports the USDA program was offered to all school districts and other districts may be taking advantage of the meal program as well.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father drowns at Pineview trying to retrieve son
- Arizona couple drowns at Deer Creek Reservoir, neither wearing life vest
- Supreme Court rules in favor of NCAA athletes
- Utah Adventures Are Waiting for Your Student | Experience One of the Best Summer School…
- How the 2020 recession in the US is affecting Americans in 2021 and into the future –…
- Southeastern Idaho has surprising and fun adventures for the whole family and you need to…
- 7 things you didn’t know about ketamines for pain, depression, stress, and recovery…
- Why this Prime Day may fall flat for Amazon’s stock
- School suspends social media accounts, district investigates reason for leaving student out…
- 6 common questions about treasury management services