Tips for travelers going to the new Salt Lake City Airport
SALT LAKE CITY – If you’re headed to the new Salt Lake City Airport on September 15th, get there early. That’s the advice from airport spokeswoman Nancy Volmer, who thinks there may be more than a few eager travelers trying to fly out of the new terminal on its first day of operation.
Volmer also recommends travelers pay attention to the signs on the roadway going into the airport. Both the road and the signs are also new.
“You’ll either be dropping off passengers on the elevated roadway or you’ll be going into the parking garage,” Volmer says.
People parking in the economy lot or taking other shuttles will be dropped off near the main garage.
Once passengers make it to the parking garage, there is only one way into the terminal, which Volmer says will make it easier.
“They’ll take bridges over to what’s called The Gateway, where the car rental counters are located. Continue over some more passenger bridges, and then you’ll see the security screening lanes over to the east,” Volmer says.
Although the new terminal will be open Tuesday, the airport will keep using part of an old terminal for some flights over the next six weeks.
That’s why it will be important for passengers to pay attention once they clear security.
“If you’re flying out of Concourse A [in the new terminal], you’ll just go straight to the plaza area, to the left, [then] to your gate. If you’re flying out of the other gate areas, then you’ll take a connecting bridge to get to the existing concourses,” Volmers says.
If travelers are still confused, they are encouraged to ask any of the airport ambassadors who will be on hand Tuesday about where to go.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- “Major damage to home” after early morning explosion, fire in Lehi