Firefighters are maxed out across the west, fighting fires in multiple states, as illustrated by an interactive map from the Associated Press.
We already know it could be one of Utah’s costliest wildfire seasons. But it could also be one of the nation’s worst, with fires visibly concentrated in the western states, but also dotting eastern, midwestern and southern states.
You can zoom in on the map of the fires for more detail and click the target button for specifics about a fire on the map.
- Utah Task Force One looking for victims and survivors of Oregon’s wildfires
- “Nothing left in the bucket”: Wildfire resources run thin
- 2020 fire season could be Utah’s costliest year ever
- Wildfires are ravaging the West coast. Here’s how you can help
- Seeping under doors, bad air from West’s fires won’t ease up
Today’s Top Stories
- “A pandemic of the unvaccinated:” Gov. Cox, state leaders update Utah COVID-19 status
- Demand is driving home prices in Utah through the roof
- Opinion: I watch the Olympics with my whole body
- Two more Utahns have been arrested for their involvement in Capitol riot
- Bear Lake Idaho: 3 surprising facts you never knew
- Back to School: Spending expected to hit record highs
- Power outage affecting North Salt Lake
- Utah Department of Health releases COVID-19 recommendations for schools
- Olympics Latest: Iran’s Geraei wins Greco-Roman 67kg gold
- Traffic Alert: 500 South will be delayed near U of U campus