SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Gov. Gary Herbert has extended a state of emergency which was set to expire on Saturday.
An extension of the previous state of emergency will allow for the continued execution of the State Emergency Operations Plan. It allows the state to provide help to Utah residents through the Utah Department of Health and other state agencies.
It also allows Utah to continue receiving federal funds to fight COVID-19.
In the new order, Gov. Herbert notes that “COVID-19 continues to spread and threaten public health and safety, causing loss of life, human suffering, and economic and social disruption throughout the state.”
On Friday, Utah Health officials reported 1,117 new cases of COVID-19, the highest number of new cases to date. On Saturday 1,077 new cases of COVID-19 were reported in Utah.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
- Range Fire leads to Provo Canyon closure and evacuations | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 13361)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 11981)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 8329)
- UPDATES: Range Fire and Fire Canyon fire | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 6114)
- Truckers ask UDOT to fix lanes on I-15 after near miss | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4703)
- Missing hiker found in Zion National Park after 12-day search (pageviews: 4566)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4133)
- Range Fire leads to Provo Canyon closure and evacuations (pageviews: 2598)