Three schools in the Alpine School District shift to hybrid schedule
SALT LAKE CITY — Beginning next week, three additional high schools in the Alpine School District will implement a hybrid schedule. Lone Peak High School, Orem High School, and American Fork High School will join Pleasant Grove in hybrid learning.
On Friday the three schools will be closed so teachers can prepare for the hybrid schedule, according to a spokesperson with the district. Deep cleaning of the schools will take place over the weekend.
Alpine district says it intends to keep the hybrid model “for a couple weeks.” They did not provide a concrete end date.
The Alpine district says they’re moving to a hybrid model after COVID-19 cases at Pleasant Grove High School stabilized because of that school’s transition.
However, the district says in order to slow the spread of the virus, school schedules are subject to change.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- Some Capitol rioters try to profit from their Jan. 6 crimes
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- EB off ramp at 3300 S, I-15 closed after a car hit a pedestrian
- Some Utah areas see slight drop in drought levels
- Children among dozens killed in Egypt church fire