Peaceful protest in opposition to Breonna Taylor decision in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A peaceful protest occurred Wednesday evening in opposition to a grand jury decision related to the death of Breonna Taylor.
A group of approximately 80-100 people gathered at the Murals located on 300 W 800 S in Salt Lake City. Police are aware of the peaceful protest and are there as needed.
Wednesday, a grand jury in Kentucky charged one police officer with two counts of wanton endangerment connected to the police shooting that killed Taylor. The charges sparked protests in Louisville, the city where Taylor was killed, that turned violent.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured