High-speed chase through Parley’s Canyon ends in Salt Lake County
Sep 25, 2020, 8:55 AM | Updated: 8:58 am
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah- A high-speed chase through Parley’s Canyon ended in the Salt Lake Valley after two individuals were arrested after being accused of stealing bicycles.
Lt. Andrew Wright with the Summit County Sheriff’s Office said they received reports of two individuals stealing bikes off the backs of vehicles near Kimball Junction. Wright said when the responding deputy arrived on the scene he witnessed the two suspects placing a bicycle in the trunk of their vehicle and attempted to make a traffic stop when the two fled.
Wright said the Summit Co. Deputy terminated the chase when it crossed county lines and Utah Highway Patrol took over. At approximately 8:00 PM a stand-off occurred between the suspects and UHP that lasted over an hour.
Sargent Spencer Cannon said there were no injuries even though two medical helicopters landed in the area.
Two suspects are currently under arrest but no charges have been filed.
This story is currently being investigated and will be updated when information becomes available.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- BYU announces new president
- 6-year-old dies after crash in Emery
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Bicyclist hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Salt Lake City
- Cox signs bill requiring lethality assessments in Utah domestic violence cases
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- Gov. Cox signs bill requiring “historic” Utah state flag to be flown at Capitol…