WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah — A new fire sparked in Washington County Sunday evening, according to fire officials on Twitter. The fire — named Veyo Pool Fire — is now estimated to be around 400 acres, being fueled by 15-25 mph winds, officials say.
Officials report air and ground resources are responding to the fire, with nearby structures threatened. The cause is still under investigation.
The #VeyoPoolFire is impacting travel on Hwy 18, 1 lane is closed. The fire has grown to 400 acres, primarily driven by 15-25 mph winds. Please drive with caution near the fire area for firefighter safety. #ffslkw pic.twitter.com/PjKzrmxLhQ
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) September 28, 2020
The fire is impacting nearby traffic, closing one lane on Highway 18. Officials are asking drivers to be careful near the area to keep firefighters safe.
This story is developing and will be updated.
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 2930)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 2212)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1533)
- McCluskeys and U of U reach settlement agreement in death of student (pageviews: 1522)
- #StandUnited: Peterson and Cox issue joint PSA on political civility (pageviews: 1313)
- Utah sets another record for single day COVID-19 infections (pageviews: 1227)
- Senator Romney says he did not vote for President Trump (pageviews: 975)
- UDOT estimates I-15 will remain closed until at least 10 a.m. (pageviews: 954)