Man dies after UTV accident at Wasatch Mountain State Park
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A Utah man died after a UTV accident in Wasatch Mountain State Park, the Utah Division of State Parks and Recreation released Sunday.
The 61-year-old man, Patrick Dugmore, was traveling alone in the park for a hunting trip. His family called authorities Sunday morning after reporting they hadn’t heard from him since 5 p.m. Saturday.
Officers from the parks and recreation office and the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources responded to the area to search. Around 10 a.m. Sunday, officials report they found Dugmore’s body in the Little Deer Creek area.
Dugmore’s UTV was found at the bottom of a bank off the trail, roughly 1,000 feet away from his body. Officials report they believe he was wearing a seatbelt but not a helmet.
The Utah Division of Parks and Recreation say they extend condolences to the family. The UTV accident is still under investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Associated Food Stores name David Rice as its new CEO/President
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Utah rental prices continue to soar
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- Motorhome crash in Idaho sends two Utahns to the hospital
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- Officials warn of additional cases of avian influenza