Man dies after UTV accident at Wasatch Mountain State Park
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A Utah man died after a UTV accident in Wasatch Mountain State Park, the Utah Division of State Parks and Recreation released Sunday.
The 61-year-old man, Patrick Dugmore, was traveling alone in the park for a hunting trip. His family called authorities Sunday morning after reporting they hadn’t heard from him since 5 p.m. Saturday.
Officers from the parks and recreation office and the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources responded to the area to search. Around 10 a.m. Sunday, officials report they found Dugmore’s body in the Little Deer Creek area.
Dugmore’s UTV was found at the bottom of a bank off the trail, roughly 1,000 feet away from his body. Officials report they believe he was wearing a seatbelt but not a helmet.
The Utah Division of Parks and Recreation say they extend condolences to the family. The UTV accident is still under investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill