Salt Lake County Library branches open to the public without appointments
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake County libraries are now open to the public without having to make an appointment. Community members can just walk into the library to check out and browse books, print documents, use public computers, and more.
“The County Library is a crucial resource for so many Salt Lake County residents,” said Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson in a statement Monday. “I’m continually amazed at the way they’ve adapted their services this year.”
Salt Lake County Library branches closed on March 13 due to a public health order. They began doing curbside services on May 26. Then, on July 13, branches began letting in residents by appointment only. Library staff says they will continue to expand online programming that is easily accessible to all ages.
The Columbus branch is the only one that will not be opening due to limited space. The branch will be permanently closing a little ahead of schedule as construction for the Granite branch is underway. 2021 is the expected opening date for the Granite branch.
“We continually look for ways we can best serve the community, not only during this pandemic but for years to come,” County Library Director Jim Cooper said. “It’s exciting to see the Granite branch take shape.”
The County Library branches are open Monday through Thursday from 11 am to 7 pm and Friday through Saturday from 11 am to 5 pm. Branches are limiting the number of people allowed inside at any given time and face coverings are required.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12-year-old girl in critical condition after getting hit by parade car in Kaysville
- Alleged gunman identified in mass shooting at July 4th parade in Highland Park, Illinois
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Silver alert activated in American Fork, missing possibly in Wendover
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- UPDATE: SLCPD arrest two in connection to Sunday’s Ballpark neighborhood shooting
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say