Elder and Sister Gong test positive for COVID-19
SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints says that Elder Gerrit W. Gong of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and his wife Sister Susan Gong have both tested positive for COVID-19.
Over the weekend during the faith’s 190th Annual General Conference, Elder Gong did not attend and shared his remarks via a pre-recorded video as a precaution after learning he had been exposed to the virus.
Church spokesman Eric Hawkins says the couple’s symptoms are mild so far. They are being cautious and continue to be carefully monitored by doctors.
“The Church will follow all appropriate health protocols for contact tracing and will continue to follow health guidelines for this virus to protect Church leaders, including self-isolation, as appropriate. We continue to encourage all Church members to take steps to protect themselves and one another during this global pandemic,” he said in a statement.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City