When the Weather at Bear Lake Starts to Swing Toward Fall and Winter, The Lake Becomes an Incredible Wonderland
This article about Fall and Winter Weather at Bear Lake is sponsored by the Bear Lake Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Bear Lake is a favorite destination for Utahns and Idahoans alike in the warm months. But once the Weather at Bear Lake starts to get cooler, there are even more fun and peaceful adventures you can have to clear your mind, especially during the strange times we are in right now. Here are 5 incredible fall and winter activities you can have in the Bear Lake Valley.
Fishing in Bear lake is one thing you don’t want to miss. That’s because you’re most likely to catch trophy-sized cutthroat or lake trout. And if you’re lucky, you might even catch a Bonneville whitefish or a Bear Lake Cisco. Two species you won’t find anywhere else in the world. Then, once you are deep in the middle of winter, the ice fishing on Bear Lake can’t be beaten.
Hiking and Snowshoeing
There are some incredible trails around Bear Lake and in Logan canyon. On the top of your list should be the hike to Bloomington Lake. Above the lake is a towering rock wall that provides incredible photo opportunities too. Other great hikes include the Swan Peak Trail, the Limber Pine Nature Trail or the Bear Lake National Wildlife Refuge Trails. Once Winter is here, strap your snowshoes on and explore like Horse Lake via Sink Hollow Trail.
Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
Every January The Bear Lake Monster Winterfest is the best way to break the ice of winter. From the Monster Polar Plunge to the Monster Cisco Disco you won’t want to miss a second of this fun event. Plus, locals will have hot chocolate, fried Cisco, and scones available for the public to try.
- Are You Ready To Take the Monster Plunge? The Bear Lake Monster Winterfest Is The Can’t Miss Utah Winter Activity
- Bear Lake Utah is the Perfect Place to Visit This Spring and Summer if You are Looking for Something to Get You Out of the House
- Are You Looking for an Inexpensive Family-Friendly Trip? Box Elder County Has You Covered with 3 Cool Spots to Visit This Weekend
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 2930)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 2212)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1533)
- McCluskeys and U of U reach settlement agreement in death of student (pageviews: 1522)
- #StandUnited: Peterson and Cox issue joint PSA on political civility (pageviews: 1313)
- Utah sets another record for single day COVID-19 infections (pageviews: 1227)
- Senator Romney says he did not vote for President Trump (pageviews: 975)
- UDOT estimates I-15 will remain closed until at least 10 a.m. (pageviews: 954)