Healthy baby girl born in truck off Hwy. 89
SALT LAKE CITY — North Salt Lake resident Mariah Simmonds says she woke up around 1 a.m. Friday morning with contractions.
Namely, five contractions within the space of two minutes. A sure sign of active labor.
Simmonds says she and her husband ran to their truck, jumped in, and started speeding on I-15 toward My Family Birth Center in Ogden where she had planned to have the baby.
But the baby had other plans. Simmonds says her husband Kirk had to pull over and run to the passenger side of the truck where he delivered the baby girl.
On the side of Hwy. 89 near South Weber Drive in South Ogden.
“Luckily I was able to catch her, and everything worked out good,” Kirk Simmonds told KSL TV.
Mom, dad, and baby Macy are reported to be healthy and happy.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- Iran calls for US to be kicked out of 2022 World Cup after it changes Iran flag on social…
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Construction begins on Midway ice castles one icicle at a time
- UPDATE: Southbound I-15 lanes in Washington County reopen following closure
- One person flees I-15 crash in Murray