COVID-19 hospitalizations at record high in Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah health officials reported on Sunday an additional 1,200 cases of COVID-19 throughout the state.
The Utah Department of Health also reported seven additional deaths, bringing that total to 517.
The hospitalization numbers in Utah hit a new high on Sunday when the Utah Department of Health reported that 254 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19.
According to Utah government’s tracking data, the second-highest hospitalization number was reached earlier this week, on October 9, when the hospitalization number was at 243.
Since the outbreak began, 4,306 people have been hospitalized with complications connected to the novel coronavirus.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Used car prices dropping but supply still low
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Unsheltered Utah opens warming tent for unhoused people to escape frigid temperatures
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday