This is a developing story and will be updated as information becomes available.
SALT LAKE CITY — Fire departments across northern Utah had two new fire starts demanding attention and resources on Saturday afternoon.
A brush fire burning in Orem near 1000 E. and Cascade Drive is referred to by Utah fire officials as the Range Fire. It is estimated to have burned 15 acres, and is growing. An official cause is not yet known.
At the time of publication, there were no evacuation orders but KSL confirmed that Utah fire officials said there could be evacuation orders.
Air and ground resources from multiple agencies are suppressing the #RangeFire located in Utah County. The fire is estimated at 15 acres and growing. The cause is under investigation. No structures are threatened. #ffslkw pic.twitter.com/VuEqzQ3nQ8
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) October 17, 2020
Several people have sent photographs and videos of the smoke from the Range Fire to KSL Newsradio.
The other fire start in northern Utah on Saturday is burning in Summit County, east of Henefer, Utah.
The Fire Canyon Fire is estimated to have burned 60 to 80 acres. Fire officials say no structures are currently threatened and the cause of this fire is under investigation.
PCFD has been dispatched to assist NSFD on 2 brush fires located on the East side of Henefer. PCFD Units responding: 237, 631, BC 3 and Back Country 33 #PCFD #parkcityfire #brushfire pic.twitter.com/a3Ajh5CGp6
— Park City Fire (@PCFireDistrict) October 17, 2020
- Monolith may be gone from Utah desert, but not from Romania – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 84510)
- Utah metal ‘monolith’ that garnered national attention reported missing – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 23721)
- Utah metal 'monolith' that garnered national attention reported missing (pageviews: 11274)
- Utah metal ‘monolith’ that garnered national attention reported missing – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 10242)
- Monolith may be gone from Utah desert, but not from Romania (pageviews: 6198)
- Utahns describe COVID-19 vaccines symptoms, feel confident it's safe (pageviews: 1527)
- 2,043 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Utah; 14 additional deaths – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1445)
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert (pageviews: 1052)