More than half of Utah’s active voters’; ballots have been processed
SALT LAKE CITY — Ballots began to show up in mailboxes across Utah earlier this month, and currently, over 800,000 ballots have been processed.
Utah’s county clerks have processed 851,016 votes from each of Utah’s 29 counties as of Friday morning.
Currently at the top of that list is Salt Lake County with 325,660 ballots processed. They are followed by Utah County with 142,885 ballots processed and Davis County at 109,165.
Lee says processed ballots are just ballots that have been checked in.
“Ballots processed are those ballots that county clerks have received and then have worked through the system, they’ve checked them into the system, given them vote history, and we know they’re good to go and their ballots will be counted,” says State Director of Elections Justin Lee.
That doesn’t mean that’s how many ballots have been received. Lee says clerks have received “a lot” more than have been processed.
“I was up in Davis County last Friday and I saw them bring in thousands and thousands of ballots so they’re working through those and that obviously takes some time.” Lee says.
Per state law, ballots can be processed before Election Day, but votes aren’t tabulated until then.
|Salt Lake County||325,660|
|Box Elder County||13,119|
|San Juan County||4,421|
Many counties offered early in-person voting in addition to mail-in balloting in Utah. You can learn more with the 2020 Election Guide here. Data Updated Oct. 30, 2020 at 8:00 am
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Letters from surviving roommates read at church memorial service for slain University of…
- Lawmakers propose all-day kindergarten bill, UEA fully supports it
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Bob McGrath, original ‘Sesame Street’ cast member, dead at 90
- Elon Musk speaks out on ‘Twitter Files’ release detailing platform’s inner…
- Utah Avalanche Awareness Week is underway