4 Tips For the Utah First Time Home Buyer: What You Need to Know to Get Into the Housing Market Right Now
This article for the Utah first time home buyer is sponsored by Altabank. Member FDIC.
Utah’s housing market is unique when compared to other states. But there have been a lot of trends shifting over the past year. If you are a Utah first time home buyer, how can you get the bid on a house you are looking for?
1. A Utah First Time Home Buyer Needs to Act Fast
If you are a first-time home buyer, you’re going to be seeing homes in Utah going fast with multiple offers. Most homes under $350,000 are going under contract within 24 hours. Rates aren’t going down at all, so don’t wait to put in a bid. Especially with housing costs continuing to increase.
2. Save a Down Payment
One big mistake that first time home buyers make is not saving up for a down payment. While there are programs that allow little to 0% down, it will likely lead to much higher monthly payments. Typical down payments are 20%, but choose a down payment that makes sense for you.
3. Find an Experienced Realtor
An experienced realtor is going to know the area, and they’ll be able to help guide you through the steps needed. Not only that, you likely won’t be able to even look at some houses without a realtor. Don’t just hire a friend or family member, find someone who will help you get in on the competitive offers.
4. Get Pre-Approved
Start by getting pre-approved. This will help you understand your budget and help you shop within it. Plus, it will help you keep your monthly payments at a minimum. You can also apply directly right on Altabank.com or on their app.
Today’s Top Stories
- Arizona couple drowns at Deer Creek Reservoir, neither wearing life vest
- Father drowns at Pineview trying to retrieve son
- Utah Adventures Are Waiting for Your Student | Experience One of the Best Summer School…
- 7 things you didn’t know about ketamines for pain, depression, stress, and recovery…
- School suspends social media accounts, district investigates reason for leaving student out…
- 6 common questions about treasury management services
- How the 2020 recession in the US is affecting Americans in 2021 and into the future –…
- John Stockton, Jazz legend, appears in anti-vaccine documentary trailer
- Southeastern Idaho has surprising and fun adventures for the whole family and you need to…
- Namath excited for Zach Wilson, says Jets fans ‘deserve’ a title