Woman killed in car accident near Riverside Wednesday morning
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — A woman was killed in a car accident near Riverside, Utah Wednesday morning.
At approximately 8:26 a.m., Utah Highway Patrol reported the driver of a white Honda Odyssey was traveling South on 4400 West at the intersection of SR-30.
UHP says for an unknown reason the driver of the Honda Odyssey drove through a stop sign and into the intersection where it hit a tractor-trailer traveling eastbound on SR-30.
According to UHP troopers, the impact occurred at the rear axle of the trailer, killing the woman, who was the driver of the Honda Odyssey. She was the only occupant in the vehicle. The driver of the semi-truck is uninjured.
UHP also noted any photos of the fatal car accident taken by state troopers are evidential and will not be released. Additionally, the deceased driver’s name will be released once the family has had time to be notified.
This article will be updated when more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Ballpark Station reopens after closing due to fallen scaffolding
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc