Woman killed in car accident near Riverside Wednesday morning
BOX ELDER COUNTY, Utah — A woman was killed in a car accident near Riverside, Utah Wednesday morning.
At approximately 8:26 a.m., Utah Highway Patrol reported the driver of a white Honda Odyssey was traveling South on 4400 West at the intersection of SR-30.
UHP says for an unknown reason the driver of the Honda Odyssey drove through a stop sign and into the intersection where it hit a tractor-trailer traveling eastbound on SR-30.
According to UHP troopers, the impact occurred at the rear axle of the trailer, killing the woman, who was the driver of the Honda Odyssey. She was the only occupant in the vehicle. The driver of the semi-truck is uninjured.
UHP also noted any photos of the fatal car accident taken by state troopers are evidential and will not be released. Additionally, the deceased driver’s name will be released once the family has had time to be notified.
This article will be updated when more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…