Actor Chris Pratt sends autographed photo to Utah 7th grader
WEST JORDAN — Actor Chris Pratt surprised a seventh grade student from West Jordan Middle School with an autographed photo featuring his character Peter Quill from the “Guardians of the Galaxy” movies.
Every year, the middle school assigns students to write formal letters to anyone they want. Typically, students opt for their favorite sports hero or celebrity.
Student Letters to Sports Stars and Celebrities Get Surprise Responses West Jordan Middle School 7th-graders are…
The exercise is meant to help practice writing formally — and for many, it’s their first experience mailing a letter. Students take the opportunity to ask questions, request autographs or thank their personal heroes.
Some of the notable responses included merchandise from Utah Jazz players, tickets to Real Salt Lake games and swag from local sports teams.
Teacher say they expect responses to continue trickling in throughout the rest of the school year.
Today’s Top Stories
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Snowball Express arrives at Salt Lake City Airport
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study