SALT LAKE CITY– The longtime executive director of the Utah State Capitol, Allyson Gamble, has died at the age of 52.
Gamble was the director of the Capitol building for 19 years before she died unexpectedly from a stroke on Friday.
In a statement from Governor Gary Herbert on Saturday, he said it was a sad day for Utah, remembered her life, and commented highly of her character.
“Our state Capitol is a magnificent building made all the more beautiful and welcoming to the public because of her dedication and professionalism in managing this tremendous asset,” said Herbert.
“She had a special love for the people’s house – and everyone who worked in it. She was enthusiastic, warmhearted, and kind, and the Capitol building will be a little less bright in her absence.”
This is a sad day for Utah, and all those who knew and loved Allyson. She had a special love for the people’s house – and everyone who worked in it. She was enthusiastic, warmhearted, and kind, and the Capitol building will be a little less bright in her absence. pic.twitter.com/mEE2KP4kgK
— Gov. Gary Herbert (@GovHerbert) December 5, 2020
Incoming governor, Spencer Cox, also remembered Gamble as a strong woman who is one of “Utah’s best.”
“Last night we lost one of Utah’s best. Our dear Allyson Gamble passed from a stroke. As Exec Dir of the @UTStateCapitol she will forever be part of this magnificent building. She was brave and fierce and kind. Our hearts are broken and we will miss her,” the Lt. Governor said on Twitter.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father drowns at Pineview trying to retrieve son
- Arizona couple drowns at Deer Creek Reservoir, neither wearing life vest
- Supreme Court rules in favor of NCAA athletes
- Utah Adventures Are Waiting for Your Student | Experience One of the Best Summer School…
- How the 2020 recession in the US is affecting Americans in 2021 and into the future –…
- Southeastern Idaho has surprising and fun adventures for the whole family and you need to…
- Why this Prime Day may fall flat for Amazon’s stock
- Salt Lake County showcases interactive map for firework bans
- School suspends social media accounts, district investigates reason for leaving student out…
- 7 things you didn’t know about ketamines for pain, depression, stress, and recovery…