Utah Capitol executive director, Allyson Gamble, dies at 52
SALT LAKE CITY– The longtime executive director of the Utah State Capitol, Allyson Gamble, has died at the age of 52.
Gamble was the director of the Capitol building for 19 years before she died unexpectedly from a stroke on Friday.
In a statement from Governor Gary Herbert on Saturday, he said it was a sad day for Utah, remembered her life, and commented highly of her character.
“Our state Capitol is a magnificent building made all the more beautiful and welcoming to the public because of her dedication and professionalism in managing this tremendous asset,” said Herbert.
“She had a special love for the people’s house – and everyone who worked in it. She was enthusiastic, warmhearted, and kind, and the Capitol building will be a little less bright in her absence.”
This is a sad day for Utah, and all those who knew and loved Allyson. She had a special love for the people’s house – and everyone who worked in it. She was enthusiastic, warmhearted, and kind, and the Capitol building will be a little less bright in her absence. pic.twitter.com/mEE2KP4kgK
— Gov. Gary Herbert (@GovHerbert) December 5, 2020
Incoming governor, Spencer Cox, also remembered Gamble as a strong woman who is one of “Utah’s best.”
“Last night we lost one of Utah’s best. Our dear Allyson Gamble passed from a stroke. As Exec Dir of the @UTStateCapitol she will forever be part of this magnificent building. She was brave and fierce and kind. Our hearts are broken and we will miss her,” the Lt. Governor said on Twitter.
Today’s Top Stories
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- UPDATE: Southbound I-15 lanes in Washington County reopen following closure
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- One person flees I-15 crash in Murray
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- ‘Fame’ and ‘Flashdance’ singer-actor Irene Cara dies at 63
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished