COVID vaccine rollout underway, but not everyone plans to sign up
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah and the other states will start distributing COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they receive shipments of doses, but not everyone appears willing to line up to get a shot.
ABC News planned to broadcast a special report from 7 to 8 p.m. on Monday detailing the COVID vaccine rollout. You can listen live to that program here.
COVID-19 vaccine rollout begins amid uncertainty
According to an AP-NORC poll, just shy of half of all American adults indicated they plan to get the COVID-19 vaccine during the rollout.
Of the 53% of American adults who did not say they planned to get the vaccine, about 26% said they would not get it, and about 27% indicated they are not sure whether they will do so.
The survey conducted in early December, before the FDA approved the vaccine from Pfizer for emergency use authorization, had a margin of error of 3.9 percentage points.
A different AP-NORC poll found Democrats were more likely to support restrictions to limit the spread of COVID-19 than Republicans.
And a third survey from the same group found about three-quarters of Americans worry they or a loved one will get sick.
All of the surveys were completed before the FDA approved the COVID-19 vaccine currently on its way to all 50 states under a federal rollout plan.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others per CDC recommendations.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet).
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities).
- Obtain a flu shot.
Utah’s Coronavirus Information
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Commonly asked questions, World Health Organization
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- Utah’s COVID-19 transmissions slowed but still present
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- Not everyone is a fan of Utah’s new state flag
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues