UDOH reports 3,648 vaccines administered and 2,408 new COVID-19 cases
SALT LAKE CITY — On Saturday, The Utah Department of Health (UDOH) updated their daily totals reflecting COVID-19 cases, and have added a new category — vaccine distribution.
Today’s reports show that 2,408 more Utahns have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and that 8 more Utahns have died from the virus.
By December 18, 2020, UDOH estimates that nearly 191,000 Utahns have recovered from the virus.
The report also indicates that 3,648 vaccines have been administered.
To date, there have been 1,633,896 people tested for COVID-19 in Utah.
The rolling 7-day average for the percent of positive laboratory tests is 22.1%.
There are currently 599 people hospitalized with COVID-19.
Vaccine distribution in Utah
Today, the state of Utah is in Phase 1 of vaccine distribution, meaning that priority for vaccine dosage goes to healthcare workers in the hospitals serving the most numbers of COVID-19 patients.
This corresponds to the state’s anticipated vaccine distribution timeline. By late December and into January 2021, Utah officials plan to provide the COVID-19 vaccine to most remaining healthcare workers, school staff, first responders, public healthcare workers, Tribal emergency medical service workers and Tribal public health workers.
To date, the Utah Department of Health reports that 3,648 vaccines have been administered.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Resources for more information:
State of Utah: https://coronavirus.utah.gov/
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Time Out on the Field
- Citations against people experiencing homelessness ‘not effective’ according to…