Church announces Lindon Temple location
LINDON, Utah — The location for Lindon Utah Temple announced by Presiden Russell M. Nelson in the October 2020 session of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ General Conference has been announced.
The church says the three-story 81,000 square foot building will be built near 800 East and Center Street in Lindon, Utah.
Renderings for what the building will look like have not yet been released and a groundbreaking date has not been set.
According to the church, there are more than 2.1 million Latter-day Saints in Utah, which account for nearly two-thirds of the state’s 3.2 million population.
Currently, Utah has 17 operating temples with an additional seven announced or under construction.
“Each temple is considered a ‘house of the Lord’ where Jesus Christ’s teachings are reaffirmed through baptism and other ordinances that unite families for eternity,” the church states on their website. “In the temple, Church members learn more about the purpose of life and make covenants to follow Jesus Christ and serve their fellow man.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Fire in West Valley City home contained to one room in basement
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral