Ogden Fire ambulance stolen while crew helped patient; later located
OGDEN, UT — An ambulance stolen from the Ogden Fire Department early Sunday morning has been located.
An Ogden Fire Department crew had responded to a call for help early Sunday morning but could not transfer the patient to a hospital because they report that Ambulance 3 had been stolen.
The theft occurred in the area of 3rd Street and Washington Blvd, in Ogden.
In a statement, Ogden Fire said that after police were notified they began tracking the ambulance.
They also elicited help from the public with a post on Facebook:
And it was a citizen that called 911 to report they’d seen an ambulance parked in a neighbor’s backyard.
Ogden Fire says there was no damage to the ambulance, and that all of the equipment carried in the ambulance was present when they found the vehicle.
The Ogden Police Department continues to search for a person of interest in the case.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Opinion: Is it time to retire the $100 bill and move to cashless society?