Ogden Fire ambulance stolen while crew helped patient; later located
OGDEN, UT — An ambulance stolen from the Ogden Fire Department early Sunday morning has been located.
An Ogden Fire Department crew had responded to a call for help early Sunday morning but could not transfer the patient to a hospital because they report that Ambulance 3 had been stolen.
The theft occurred in the area of 3rd Street and Washington Blvd, in Ogden.
In a statement, Ogden Fire said that after police were notified they began tracking the ambulance.
They also elicited help from the public with a post on Facebook:
And it was a citizen that called 911 to report they’d seen an ambulance parked in a neighbor’s backyard.
Ogden Fire says there was no damage to the ambulance, and that all of the equipment carried in the ambulance was present when they found the vehicle.
The Ogden Police Department continues to search for a person of interest in the case.
Today’s Top Stories
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Tracking snowplows in SLC
- US-Iran match reflects a regional rivalry for many Arab fans
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case