Suspected DUI driver leads police on chase, caused multiple hit and runs
Jan 10, 2021, 9:26 AM | Updated: 12:30 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — A suspected DUI driver lead police on a long chase Saturday night, and left a lot of damage in his wake.
It started with the report of a hit and run near 90th south and northbound I-15 according to the Utah Department of Public Service (DPS).
Drivers later reported seeing the truck on northbound I-15 at 33rd South in Salt Lake City. The DPS said the truck exited and then hit three more vehicles.
At that point according to the DPS, the suspect DUI driver turned his vehicle around and headed south on I-15, hitting two more vehicles. The truck then sustained a flat tire and the suspect, an 18-year-old male, was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
Two motorists were taken to area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries and one police car sustained damage.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Lawyer releases pages from Brian Laundrie’s notebook in which he admits to killing…
- Hill Air Force Base’s Air and Space show bringing STEM to kids
- Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case