CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Suspected DUI driver leads police on chase, caused multiple hit and runs
Jan 10, 2021, 9:26 AM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 12:57 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — A suspected DUI driver lead police on a long chase Saturday night, and left a lot of damage in his wake.
It started with the report of a hit and run near 90th south and northbound I-15 according to the Utah Department of Public Service (DPS).
Drivers later reported seeing the truck on northbound I-15 at 33rd South in Salt Lake City. The DPS said the truck exited and then hit three more vehicles.
At that point according to the DPS, the suspect DUI driver turned his vehicle around and headed south on I-15, hitting two more vehicles. The truck then sustained a flat tire and the suspect, an 18-year-old male, was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
Two motorists were taken to area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries and one police car sustained damage.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawyers of man who lost lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow may try for new trial
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Former President Trump was indicted Thursday, what it means
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase
- Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square will be joined by international singers this weekend
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash