Suspected DUI driver leads police on chase, caused multiple hit and runs
Jan 10, 2021, 9:26 AM | Updated: 12:30 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — A suspected DUI driver lead police on a long chase Saturday night, and left a lot of damage in his wake.
It started with the report of a hit and run near 90th south and northbound I-15 according to the Utah Department of Public Service (DPS).
Drivers later reported seeing the truck on northbound I-15 at 33rd South in Salt Lake City. The DPS said the truck exited and then hit three more vehicles.
At that point according to the DPS, the suspect DUI driver turned his vehicle around and headed south on I-15, hitting two more vehicles. The truck then sustained a flat tire and the suspect, an 18-year-old male, was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
Two motorists were taken to area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries and one police car sustained damage.
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Update: 5-year-old still in critical condition after being hit by truck while riding balance bike
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…
- A kidnapped family of 4 has been found dead in California, authorities say
- Voters could see an increase in police presence at the polls
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Church leader speaks of caring for the earth at Why It Matters conference
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces