SALT LAKE CITY — Sunday, Gov. Spencer J. Cox has issued an order to lower the flag of the United States of America and the flag of the State of Utah on Monday, Jan. 11, 2021.
This order is to honor the life and service of the U.S. Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick who was killed while on duty during the protest that turned violent at the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday.
Governor Cox said in a statement, “Officer Brian D. Sicknick gave his life trying to protect one of this nation’s most revered democratic institutions. We honor his life of dedicated public service as part of U.S. Capitol Police and as a staff sergeant for the New Jersey National Guard. Abby and I extend our deepest sympathies to the Sicknick family and pray for them and our nation at this difficult time.”
- Delta places Romney hecklers on no-fly list (pageviews: 5873)
- What to watch as House moves to impeach Trump for 2nd time (pageviews: 1614)
- Contests (pageviews: 1592)
- Enter to win a pair of Apple Airpods! - KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1325)
- Gov. Cox declares state of emergency ahead of expected protests over the weekend (pageviews: 1287)
- VIDEO: Sen. Romney confronted by an angry passenger at the airport (pageviews: 905)
- Hey, Utahns over 70: Here's everything to know about getting your COVID-19 vaccine (pageviews: 808)
- McConnell rejects emergency session for trial (pageviews: 804)