I-15 closed in Nephi due to trailer leaking gasoline
NEPHI, Utah — Both northbound and southbound I-15 are closed near Nephi after a semitruck hauling gasoline lost one of its trailers.
Utah Highway Patrol said the pup trailer rolled and is currently leaking gasoline in the median but is not a threat to people or structures in the area.
“Cold temps are also helping. Troopers are in an assist role to help the Juab County fire officials with any needs their on-scene hazmat team requires,” UHP tweeted.
Traffic is being diverted through Nephi as crews work on cleanup. The freeway is expected to remain closed for five hours.
The trailer has been appropriately isolated in the median and not a threat to nearby persons or structures. Cold temps are also helping. Troopers are in an assist roll to help the Juab County Fire officials with any needs their on-scene hazmat team requires.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) January 12, 2021
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges