EDUCATION + SCHOOLS
Weber County schools on a two hour delay due to high winds and widespread power outages
WEBER COUNTY, Utah– Weber County School District (WCSD) has issued a two-hour delay Tuesday for public schools due to high winds and power outages.
Due to widespread power outages and safety precautions, bus pick ups and school start times will be delayed by 2 hours at all locations.
— WSD Notifications (@WSDNotification) January 19, 2021
Ogden School District said no schools have reported weather-related issues and will continue with a normal schedule.
No schools have reported weather-related problems today. We plan to operate with our regular schedule. Please travel with extra caution this morning.
— OgdenSchoolDistrict (@ogdensd) January 19, 2021
Overnight, wind gusts up, reaching 69 miles per hour in Farmington, have caused power outages and safety concerns throughout Davis County.
Strong winds expected to continue this morning along portions of the Wasatch Front, with the strongest focused from Davis Co north to around Brigham City. Many observed wind gusts 40-65mph with peak gust overnight of 69 in Farmington. #utwx
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) January 19, 2021
Additionally, more than 2,000 Rocky Mountian Power (RMP) customers are without power. RMP is aware of the outages and crews are investigating the problem. The estimated restoration time is 11:30 a.m.
@RMP_Utah is responding to a power outage impacting
2,765 customers in West Jordan.
Crews are investigating the outage and making the necessary repairs.
The estimated time of restoration is 11:30 am.
To report your outage text “OUT” to 759677.
— KSL NewsRadio (@kslnewsradio) January 19, 2021
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- Another Utah snowstorm has us asking, what is a snow squall?
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski collision trial in Utah enters third day
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Spring running late, another snowy morning commute is predicted