Body of man found floating in Jordan River is identified
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City police say they have identified the body of a man found floating in the Jordan River on Sunday, January 31.
Police say that kayakers found the body of Eric Granados, age 35, floating in the river west of the International Peace Gardens, near 1100 W. Dalton Ave.
On Sunday police said they found no obvious signs of trauma to the body. They say they will know more once the State Medical Examiner has completed a review of the case.
Granados’ last known address was in Tooele according to information provided to KSL by the Salt Lake City police.
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Frigid temperatures delaying some school start times
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Man suspected of kidnapping and beating a woman in Oregon may be using dating apps to evade police
- Man throws Molotov cocktail at New Jersey synagogue in arson attempt, police say