Life Hack: How to set an alarm on Alexa and wake up to KSL NewsRadio
She can tell you the weather, order your groceries, and play your favorite music. But did you know that Alexa can bring the voices of Tim Hughes and Amanda Dickson to your home as a morning alarm clock?
As well as playing a generic alarm sound at the right time, Alexa can be set to play music or your favorite radio voices. Below you’ll find two steps on how to use your Alexa to its fullest alarm-clock potential.
1. How to set an alarm on Alexa – the basics
First, the basics. Simply say something like “Alexa, set an alarm for 6 o’clock.” Alexa will then ask if you mean AM or PM, and the one-time alarm will be set. To have the alarm repeat at the same time every morning, say: “Alexa, set an alarm for 6 AM every day,” or to be even more specific say: “Alexa, set an alarm for 6 AM every weekday.”
To end the alarm say “Alexa, stop” to switch it off for the day, or: “Alexa, snooze” to get an extra 10 minutes of zzz’s before the alarm sounds again. If you have multiple Alexa devices, you will need to specify the one you want the alarm to come from. If you ask the Echo in your kitchen for an alarm, that’s where it will play by default, not from the Echo in your bedroom.
Want to hand pick what sounds you’re waking up to? For that, you have to jump into the Alexa smartphone app. Here, you can adjust an alarm you’ve already set by speaking to Alexa, or you can create a new one from scratch following the steps below:
- Open the Alexa app
- Tap on ‘More’ in the lower-right corner
- Click ‘Reminders & Alarms’
- Select the large blue + icon to create a new alarm
- Swipe at the scroll wheels to adjust the time
2. Level up: Wake Up to KSL NewsRadio!
Do you miss the days of waking up with your radio alarm clock to the latest news, weather and traffic? Take your wake-up routine to the next level by saying “Alexa, wake me up to KSL NewsRadio at 6 AM.” As before you can be more specific here and say what time, and on which days of the week, you’d like that station to play. Radio stations are provided via the TuneIn skill for Alexa.
That’s it! Two simple steps to customize your morning and wake up to your favorite radio station. It’s the easiest way to catch up on Utah’s Morning News with Tim and Amanda. It’s absolutely possible to live in the smart home age and still love an old school radio alarm clock!
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 1,500 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Winter blues: light therapy and lifestyle changes can help
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Evacuations ordered amid fears of an explosion as an Ohio train continues burning days after…
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you