Pedestrian dies after hit and run in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department confirms that an elderly man walking in downtown Salt Lake City died after a hit and run early Sunday morning.
Lt. Brian Sloan says a 78-year-old man was crossing the street against the light on southbound 200 West at 400 South when a silver SUV hit the man.
Sloan says the driver did not remain at the scene of the hit-and-run.
The victim was taken to a hospital where Salt Lake City police report he later died.
Sloan says an investigation by a critical accident response team continues, and at this time there are no leads.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Interactive map shows where fireworks are off-limits in Utah
- Moab police describe fight between woman — now missing — and boyfriend
- Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse