Pedestrian dies after hit and run in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department confirms that an elderly man walking in downtown Salt Lake City died after a hit and run early Sunday morning.
Lt. Brian Sloan says a 78-year-old man was crossing the street against the light on southbound 200 West at 400 South when a silver SUV hit the man.
Sloan says the driver did not remain at the scene of the hit-and-run.
The victim was taken to a hospital where Salt Lake City police report he later died.
Sloan says an investigation by a critical accident response team continues, and at this time there are no leads.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Montana man gets 3 years in prison for role in Capitol riot
- Grandson of two found dead at a home in Clearfield facing murder charges