Another winter weather advisory issued from early Monday to Wednesday morning
SALT LAKE CITY — The National Weather Service of Salt Lake City issued another winter weather advisory lasting from early Monday through Wednesday morning for all Utah mountains.
The snow will be on-again, off-again over the three-day period. Those snow showers will linger throughout Wednesday with light to moderate snowfall.
Details on our next winter storm:
*Periods light-moderate snow Mon-Wed. Snow will be more continuous in mountains with valleys seeing breaks in snow.
*Significant, low-density snow accumulations for northern and central mountains, especially the Cottonwood Canyons.#utwx pic.twitter.com/1NzcXhbqK9
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) February 14, 2021
The NWS reports mountain routes will be impacted Monday, worsening on Tuesday. Valley roads will be somewhat impacted on Monday as well, but is more likely to be impacted on Tuesday.
Throughout the first half of the week, officials report high avalanche danger for all Utah mountains.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one