WEST JORDAN, Utah — Search and rescue crews were out late Thursday night in an attempt to rescue three snowmobilers who accessed the hills via a trail west of 7800 south U-111 in West Jordan. Lt. Paul Barker with Unified Police say they got a call out in the Oquirrh Mountains around 8 p.m. Barker says rescuers knew where the snowmobilers were, as the three contract workers were out working on a communications tower when they got stuck in the snow.
“Three gentlemen went snowmobiling, there’s a dirt road that goes up into the Oquirrhs and they were headed to work up at one of the communications towers on top of the Oquirrhs. Their snowmobiles got stuck. They tried to self-rescue and dig themselves out, then were able to call 9-1-1,” according to Lt. Barker.
He says the rescue call originated with West Jordan police, who called in additional resources due to their own lack of snowmobiles. Barker says a DPS chopper and Lifeflight were also called to assist.
The three were located Thursday night, one person was hospitalized with hypothermia and the other two rode their snowmobiles off the mountain with search and rescue crews and were in good condition.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
- Alaska woman using outhouse attacked by bear, from below (pageviews: 3680)
- Utahns 16+ with co-morbidities eligible "effective immediately" for vaccine (pageviews: 3493)
- Local health officials update COVID-19 numbers, discuss "vaccine hunters" (pageviews: 2561)
- Alaska woman using outhouse attacked by bear, from below – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2031)
- Sand Ridge Jr. High parents want clarification after librarian used racist phrase (pageviews: 1109)
- Kearns woman reportedly kidnapped and murdered because she ‘knew too much’ – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1011)
- Local health officials update COVID-19 numbers, discuss “vaccine hunters” – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 984)
- Hot Air Balloon in southern Utah forced into 'wet landing' (pageviews: 911)