UPDATE: 12-year-old boy involved in farming accident identified
SPANISH FORK, Utah — The 12-year-old boy who died Saturday afternoon after falling off his bike and being run over by a side-by-side utility vehicle, has been identified.
George Dunbar Oldham, age 12, died in the accident in Palmyra, west of Spanish Fork, Utah. His family told police they are grateful for the outpouring of support from the community. They have also asked for privacy.
Oldham sustained significant head injuries and was pronounced dead on scene.
The boy was reportedly riding his bike with his brother and father when he somehow fell over and was hit by the vehicle. Sgt. Spencer Cannon said it’s still unclear how this happened.
“Something happened, we don’t know exactly what,” Cannon told KSL NewsRadio.
Cannon said responding authorities attempted life-saving efforts to the boy before he was pronounced dead. A life flight was initially called but was canceled before it arrived.
The fatal accident occurred at 4600 South and 1450 West in Spanish Fork near a large farm field that has been deemed “unincorporated land,” according to Cannon. The Utah County Sherriff’s Office as well as a Spanish Fork ambulance were the first to respond.
About 100 people showed up Sunday night for a vigil.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges