One injured, one in custody after shooting at Clearfield house party
CLEARFIELD, Utah — One man is under arrest after a shooting in a Clearfield neighborhood early Sunday morning.
Michael Hernandez, 21, of Clearfield, Utah, reportedly admitted to police that he had fired a gun after getting into a fight with other people at the party.
Officials from the Clearfield Police Department said they received several 911 calls reporting gunshots in the area of 150 N. 500 W. in Clearfield.
When officers arrived they said people were fleeing the area on foot and in vehicles. They also located a 20-year-old male victim with a gunshot wound to his arm. He was in a vehicle and preparing to leave the scene.
The victim was given medical assistance and transported to McKay Dee Hospital where the Clearfield Police Department said he was treated and released.
Hernandez was later taken into custody and according to police, he admitted firing the gun. After a search of his residence, Clearfield police say they found evidence related to the shooting including the suspected firearm.
Hernandez was booked into Davis County Jail for aggravated assault and attempted homicide.
Because of the number of people at the party, and the number that police say fled the scene, there were multiple agencies involved in pursuing and identifying suspects. They include the North Davis Fire Department, Davis County Sheriff’s Office, the Layton, Clinton, and Syracuse Police Departments, as well as the Davis County Sheriff’s Department Crime Lab.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Cracks are showing in the coalition of the GOP, according to polling numbers