I-15 in Clearfield to close Monday night for construction
CLEARFIELD, Utah — As the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) gets closer to completing the I-15 reconstruction project in northern Davis County, drivers heading north on the freeway late Monday night and early Tuesday morning will need to prepare for overnight closure.
Construction crews are currently planning to shut down all northbound lanes for a three-mile stretch on I-15 between the 650 North exit in Clearfield and the 5600 South exit in Roy, starting at 10:00 p.m. and continuing through Tuesday at 5:00 a.m.
After exiting the freeway at 650 North, drivers will be detoured onto Main Street in Sunset where they can head north into Roy and then get back on the freeway at the 5600 South on-ramp. Southbound drivers on I-15 will not be affected at all.
UDOT says the closure will allow crews to put in a new overhead traffic sign and bring down the old one as part of the I-15 Express Lanes project, which is scheduled to be completed later this year.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- Hazmat spill closes I-15 in Bluffdale
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- How to deal with and overcome seasonal depression
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- Bill protecting same-sex, interracial unions passes House