Wildlife resources officers seek information in deer poaching case
DUCHESNE COUNTY, Utah — The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is looking for information in a case of deer poaching in Duchesne County.
Conservation officers say the deer poaching happened Feb. 14, 2021, near Sam’s Wash Road, south of US 40, in the western part of the county. Someone, possibly multiple people, reportedly killed the deer, dragged it over to the road, then removed it using a vehicle.
DWR seeking multiple deer poaching suspects
“Multiple boot prints found at the scene indicate that more than one person was involved in the illegal activity,” DWR officials wrote in a news release.
Officers believe the deer poaching took place either on or just before Valentine’s Day.
The agency says poachers killed over 1,000 animals illegally in Utah in 2020, with an estimated value of over $379,000.
DWR officials ask anyone with information about the deer poaching case to contact conservation officers:
- By calling the UTiP Hotline at 800-662-3337
- The UTDWR Law Enforcement app
- By texting 847411
- Online through the DWR website
Additionally, for information about this case, you may call Officer Jake Greenwood at 435-322-0599. The DWR said your information can be kept confidential, and a reward may be available.
- Poacher who killed deer for sport sentenced to watch Disney’s Bambi once a month for a year
- Hunting and fishing will get constitutional protection in Utah under Amendment E
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- Utah has an invasive bullfrog problem, so the DWR wants you to eat them
Today’s Top Stories
- Multiple people injured in malfunction at Sandy car wash
- Fight the drought, install artificial turf. Landscape expert shares advice.
- Kaysville woman scams friends and family of tax refunds
- SLC experiences the 3rd largest rent increase in the nation
- Southern Utah teenager dies in digging accident at state park in Kanab
- Big delays on FrontRunner from Roy to Clearfield after train versus person accident
- Summit Academy High School locked down after series of unrelated events
- US Soccer equalizes pay in milestone with women, men
- Ex-cop pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd killing
- Division of Natural Resources offers weekly lawn watering guide