Wildlife resources officers seek information in deer poaching case
DUCHESNE COUNTY, Utah — The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources is looking for information in a case of deer poaching in Duchesne County.
Conservation officers say the deer poaching happened Feb. 14, 2021, near Sam’s Wash Road, south of US 40, in the western part of the county. Someone, possibly multiple people, reportedly killed the deer, dragged it over to the road, then removed it using a vehicle.
DWR seeking multiple deer poaching suspects
“Multiple boot prints found at the scene indicate that more than one person was involved in the illegal activity,” DWR officials wrote in a news release.
Officers believe the deer poaching took place either on or just before Valentine’s Day.
The agency says poachers killed over 1,000 animals illegally in Utah in 2020, with an estimated value of over $379,000.
DWR officials ask anyone with information about the deer poaching case to contact conservation officers:
- By calling the UTiP Hotline at 800-662-3337
- The UTDWR Law Enforcement app
- By texting 847411
- Online through the DWR website
Additionally, for information about this case, you may call Officer Jake Greenwood at 435-322-0599. The DWR said your information can be kept confidential, and a reward may be available.
- Poacher who killed deer for sport sentenced to watch Disney’s Bambi once a month for a year
- Hunting and fishing will get constitutional protection in Utah under Amendment E
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- Utah has an invasive bullfrog problem, so the DWR wants you to eat them
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations