CLEARFIELD, Utah — Davis and Weber County drivers headed to Roy and Clearfield should brace themselves for a traffic change coming soon as Friday morning and lasting until the end of 2021. The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) will split the northbound and southbound lanes on Interstate 15 in Roy and Clearfield as part of an ongoing freeway-expansion plan.
UDOT officials said the lane split will allow them to continue working in the freeway median.
Northbound lanes will be split from about 700 South to about 650 North in Clearfield. Beginning April 13, the southbound lanes will be split from about 5600 South in Roy to 650 North in Clearfield.
UDOT noted the lane split will not impact travel to Hill Air Force Base at 650 North.
Officials advise drivers to plan ahead and be alert for posted signs and road markings to make the necessary lane changes before approaching the lane splits. Additionally, UDOT said drivers exiting I-15 should stay in the right lanes, while thru traffic can use all lanes.
UDOT made an animated video demonstrating the lane split:
This section of the freeway is under construction by UDOT to expand the I-15 Express Lanes from Layton Parkway to Riverdale Road. UDOT states the road renovations will help improve congestion and flow of traffic along I-15.
UDOT warns construction is dependent on the weather and subject to change. For the latest project information and closure details, visit udot.utah.gov/i15express.
Today’s Top Stories
- Verdict reached in trial of Derek Chauvin, accused of killing George Floyd
- Opinion: A Former Coachman’s Waitress Says Farewell
- Dr. Angela Dunn to leave state health department for Salt Lake County
- More than 500k Utahns qualify for ‘zero-dollar,’ lower premium health care plans
- Utah State University football player faces 8 charges, including rape
- Do You Suffer From Intimacy Pain, Pressure, or Leaking? Here Are 7 Ways You Can Get Relief…
- Pandemic child abuse reports down, but Utah cases did not go away
- Face masks required in Utah national parks, but not in all gateway cities
- Looking for Something Fun to do With Your Whole Family? 3 Fun Things To Do in Logan Utah
- Dogecoin jumps 20% as crypto fans declare Doge Day