SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Transportation has reopened SR-190 for traffic heading in both directions after the canyon was previously closed Saturday afternoon following a fatal crash.
🚧#RoadClosureUpdate🚧 Attention travelers, crash has been cleared & #SR190 is now OPEN in both directions. Thanks for your patience today and safe travels!@UDOTTRAFFIC @BrightonResort @SolitudeMTN @BrightonUT https://t.co/OmMsVBxlWH pic.twitter.com/oMgvgbjzps
— UDOT Cottonwood Canyons (@UDOTcottonwoods) April 11, 2021
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) closed SR-190 on Saturday afternoon after a fatal accident involving a motorcycle and a vehicle.
Uphill traffic is closed at the mouth of the canyon according to UDOT, and downhill traffic is closed in the area of Storm Mountain (mile marker 5.)
🚧#RoadClosureAlert🚧 ⚠️ Attention travelers, #SR190 #BCC will be temporarily closed due to a crash near Storm Mountain. Uphill traffic will be closed at mouth & downhill traffic will be closed near MP 5. Please expect delays while crews work to clear.
EST reopening is 6pm. https://t.co/IUnXkrFotn
— UDOT Cottonwood Canyons (@UDOTcottonwoods) April 10, 2021
UDOT estimates that the road closure may last through 6 p.m. tonight (Saturday.)
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- These school districts will not require masks for the final week of this school year
- Emergency order extended for drought, Utah Farm Bureau praying for rain
- One person dead, firefighter hurt in suspicious Bountiful house fire
- New poll shows majority of Utahns are concerned about housing market
- Several pigs dead after falling out of trailer on freeway
- House Republicans vote to make Elise Stefanik conference chair replacing Liz Cheney
- No masks required for the last week of school, Governor Cox says
- Sen. Romney and Rep. Curtis push bill that sets aside land in Illinois amid ‘land grab’
- Is it time to change careers? 41% of workers are considering it.
- Where to get a vaccine in Utah for 12 to 15 year olds