UDOT warns of traffic delays on Timpanogos Highway over weekend
LEHI, Utah — The Utah Department of Transportation is warning drivers of traffic delays on Timpanogos Highway over the weekend as crews continue its installation of a pedestrian bridge. Utah Transit Authority officials said they would restrict traffic in alternating directions as crews install new beams along the highway.
Heavy delays expected for Timpanogos Highway
Drivers should expect intermittent night closures through June 14 as crews complete the bridge that will connect hiking and biking trails between Utah and Salt Lake counties, according to UTA spokesperson Carl Arky.
“There’s numerous trails that people can use out there to get around for recreational purposes as well,” Arky said. “A lot of recreational opportunities will become available with these bridges.”
The bridge will also make it easier to access bus and train stations, which Arky said will hopefully lead to an increased use of public transit.
“We think this will enhance that first and last mile,” he said. “That seems to be a hurdle for a lot of people in using public transportation.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Jan. 6 panel calls surprise hearing to present new evidence
- UDOT to open first new interchange as part of U.S. 89 project
- Jazz sign Baylor rookie MaCio Teague
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman