UDOT warns of traffic delays on Timpanogos Highway over weekend
LEHI, Utah — The Utah Department of Transportation is warning drivers of traffic delays on Timpanogos Highway over the weekend as crews continue its installation of a pedestrian bridge. Utah Transit Authority officials said they would restrict traffic in alternating directions as crews install new beams along the highway.
Heavy delays expected for Timpanogos Highway
Drivers should expect intermittent night closures through June 14 as crews complete the bridge that will connect hiking and biking trails between Utah and Salt Lake counties, according to UTA spokesperson Carl Arky.
“There’s numerous trails that people can use out there to get around for recreational purposes as well,” Arky said. “A lot of recreational opportunities will become available with these bridges.”
The bridge will also make it easier to access bus and train stations, which Arky said will hopefully lead to an increased use of public transit.
“We think this will enhance that first and last mile,” he said. “That seems to be a hurdle for a lot of people in using public transportation.”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- Another Utah snowstorm has us asking, what is a snow squall?
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski collision trial in Utah enters third day
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Spring running late, another snowy morning commute is predicted