Wheels up: Direct flights from Ogden to Burbank start Tuesday
This story originally appeared at ksl.com. Find the original version here.
SALT LAKE CITY – Travelers planning a trip from northern Utah to Southern California now have another way to get there.
Starting Tuesday afternoon, a commercial airline begins flying six days a week from the Ogden-Hinckley Airport to Burbank.
The new service from Houston-based Avelo Airlines is meeting demand from those living in and around Ogden, said Tom Christopulos, director of Ogden’s community and economic development department.
“The Los Angeles area is the top destination for air travelers from the Ogden area,” Christopulos said in a prepared statement.
The flights will also provide Californians a convenient route to Utah to take advantage of outdoor activities or simply travel for work, said Sara Toliver, CEO of Visit Ogden.
A Boeing 737-800 plane, which seats 189, is scheduled to take off Monday through Saturday, arriving in Ogden at 2 p.m., then departing at 2:40 p.m. for a two-hour return to Burbank.
The Ogden-Hinckley Airport also offers twice weekly flights to Mesa, Ariz. Ogden leaders said that adding more commercial flights is a key part of their long-term economic strategy, and the small airport offers a less stressful experience than larger ones with larger crowds.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo university hopes to reduce shortage of mental health practitioners
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- Rudy Giuliani told by prosecutors he is a target in Georgia 2020 presidential election probe
- Member of Utah Little League team injured in fall from bunk bed
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- UPDATE: Power is back on in Bountiful after power outage affected at least 5,200
- Utah Natural History Museum nominated for top in nation