St. George thieves targeting homes under construction
ST. GEORGE, Utah — Thieves have recently targeted two homes under construction in St. George. And St. George police said they’re stealing whatever they can get their hands on.
That includes toilets, bathtubs, faucets, garbage disposals, a refrigerator, a pebble-ice maker, hand towel holders, and yes, a kitchen sink.
In other words, everything you’d expect to find in a home under construction. Just not necessarily the typical take for thieves.
“To go through and cut out appliances, or to take doorknobs, just take the time to take these things, it makes you wonder ‘are they building a house, and are they putting in their own home?'” St. George police officer Tiffany Redford told KSL TV.
The St. George thieves got away with about $10,000 in stolen appliances. Redford recommends the purchase of a security camera to anybody building a new home in St. George or elsewhere.
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism