Garth Brooks breaks record for Salt Lake City concert ticket sales
SALT LAKE CITY — When Garth Brooks comes to Salt Lake City this summer, his show will represent Ticketmaster’s fastest stadium ticket sell-out ever.
The Garth Brooks Stadium Tour plans to come to Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City on July 17. Over 50,000 tickets were sold in less than 30 minutes.
It’s not the first time Garth Brooks has broken records. The number one-selling solo artist in US history, according to the RIAA, Brooks boasts 157 million album sales. He’s also won the Country Music Awards “Entertainer of the Year” award a record-breaking seven times.
Brooks’ Rice-Eccles appearance will also be the stadium’s first concert in 10 years.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- Hawaii’s Mauna Loa is erupting for the first time since 1984
- New VA food pantry aims to curb food insecurity among veterans