Two injured, including a teenager, in ATV side-by-side accident
SALT LAKE CITY — Two people were injured in an ATV side-by-side accident on Friday night, including a 14-year-old who was taken to St. George Regional Hospital by Intermountain Life Flight with critical injuries.
Lt. Regan Wilson with Utah State Parks told KSL the accident happened in the Purple Hills area of Warner Valley.
The St. George News reported that the two were on a camping trip with other family members when the accident happened.
The 14-year-old sustained injuries after being pinned under the ATV.
Washington County Search and Rescue, Utah State Parks, and Life Flight all responded to the crash. The older victim was taken by ambulance to a St. George hospital. The younger accident victim was taken by Life Flight helicopter to a St. George Regional Hospital.
Man dies after making wrong turn at Fivemile Pass, 3 other fatal accidents this weekend
National Parks Service drops plan to allow ATVs in Utah
One dead, two seriously injured in separate ATV accidents at Fivemile Pass
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Utah Flooding: How to prevent and mitigate the risk
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow
- BYU announces new president
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation