Head-on collision in Tooele injures three people including a child
TOOELE, Utah — A head-on collision on S.R. 112 Saturday afternoon sent three people to the hospital.
Tooele City Police Department Sgt. Don Nelson said the crash happened between 500 West and 600 West on S.R. 112.
A truck traveling eastbound hit a car traveling westbound. Police are unclear about what went wrong, and which of the drivers drifted into the wrong lane.
The 20-year-old driver of the truck was hospitalized, as was the five-year-old passenger of the car. The 33-year-old driver of the car had suffered worse injuries and was airlifted, Nelson said. But he is expected to recover.
Nelson said that all three people injured in the head-on crash were wearing their seat belts. He thinks the “angle of the impact” was the determining factor that injured the 33-year-old so badly.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered