DENTON, Texas– Two missionaries serving for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints were killed in a traffic accident in Texas yesterday.
Elder Luke Masakazu Carter, 18, of Springville Utah, and Elder Eli Jon Fowler, 20, of Pueblo West, Colorado were involved in a head-on collision while driving in Denton, Texas.
The church said the accident happened during a heavy rainstorm and that it is currently being investigated by local law enforcement. Both missionaries were wearing their seatbelts. The driver of the other vehicle involved is currently in the hospital.
Church spokesman Sam Penrod said, “We express our love and deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Elder Carter and Elder Fowler and to the missionaries in the Texas Fort Worth Mission. We pray that all will be uplifted by the Savior’s love and feel comfort during this difficult and trying time.”
Elder Carter started missionary service in November 2020, and Elder Fowler began his service in January 2020.
This story is breaking and will be updated
Today’s Top Stories
- Father drowns at Pineview trying to retrieve son
- Arizona couple drowns at Deer Creek Reservoir, neither wearing life vest
- Supreme Court rules in favor of NCAA athletes
- Utah Adventures Are Waiting for Your Student | Experience One of the Best Summer School…
- How the 2020 recession in the US is affecting Americans in 2021 and into the future –…
- Southeastern Idaho has surprising and fun adventures for the whole family and you need to…
- Why this Prime Day may fall flat for Amazon’s stock
- 7 things you didn’t know about ketamines for pain, depression, stress, and recovery…
- School suspends social media accounts, district investigates reason for leaving student out…
- 6 common questions about treasury management services