Man and woman found dead from gunshot wounds in So. Salt Lake residence
SOUTH SALT LAKE — South Salt Lake police officers responded yesterday to reported gunshots and found a man and woman dead in their residence from apparent gunshot wounds.
Shortly after 11 p.m. on Saturday, May 22 officers received a call from residents of the complex that gunshots had been heard.
The officers decided to do a welfare check at 2889 South Eugene Lane based on the reported gunshots.
Eventually, the officers entered the residence and found a man and woman both dead.
Both victims are in their 30’s and both had gunshot wounds.
The investigation is still underway.
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Citing ‘dangerously low’ overnight temps, county opens emergency shelter
- Crash in Uintah County claims the life of a 19-year-old man