Scout camp evacuated as wildfire burns near Soldier Summit
SOLDIER SUMMIT, Utah — Wildfire officials say they’re evacuating a boy scout camp while they respond to a fire west of Soldier Summit in Utah County.
Utah Fire Info tweeted the information late Friday afternoon. They could not specify the size of the fire yet, or its cause.
NEW START: Resources are responding to a wildfire located west of Soldier Summit in Utah County. A nearby boy scout camp is being evacuated. Size and cause unknown at this time, more info will be available when resources arrive on scene. #ffslkw
Location: https://t.co/VQh2g6vFkf pic.twitter.com/MydODs2slb
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) June 4, 2021
Fire officials did not specify which boy scout camp was evacuated.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong