SALT LAKE CITY — As the Jazz prepare for game one of their second-round playoff series, a pair of former Utah players weighing in on the current squad.
Stockton, Dr. Dunkenstein like current Jazz team
Both Darrell Griffith and John Stockton know plenty about playing in the postseason.
Griffith made it to the playoffs with the Jazz in six separate seasons, while Stockton notably helped Utah reach both the 1997 and 1998 NBA Finals.
When reflecting on the 2021 team, Griffith says it’s their inherent unselfishness that impresses him.
“I think they have an excellent chance against anybody, because they’re such an unselfish team,” he told KSL. “They’re unselfish amongst each other. They don’t care who goes off, they just want to win.”
Stockton is also optimistic about the current team, saying they have excellent depth.
“They’re not relient on one guy every minute to carry the load,” explained the ten time NBA All-Star. “They move the ball around, they’re playing well together and they pass the ball, which I think is unique… I think the sky is the limit for them.”
Jazz prepare for LA Clippers, await news on Mike Conley
Game one of the series between Utah and the Los Angeles Clippers will be played Tuesday at 8 pm MST in Salt Lake City. Game two will be played at the same time on Thursday, before the series eventually moves to Los Angeles on Saturday for game three.
The Jazz beat the LA Clippers twice this season in three total matchups.
One thing to keep an eye on leading up to Tuesday night is the availability of Jazz point guard Mike Conley.
Conley reaggravated a right hamstring injury in the first-quarter of game five against Memphis last Wednesday. He’s set to be reevaluated by team doctors prior to the start of the Western Conference Semifinals.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father drowns at Pineview trying to retrieve son
- Arizona couple drowns at Deer Creek Reservoir, neither wearing life vest
- Supreme Court rules in favor of NCAA athletes
- Utah Adventures Are Waiting for Your Student | Experience One of the Best Summer School…
- How the 2020 recession in the US is affecting Americans in 2021 and into the future –…
- Salt Lake County showcases interactive map for firework bans
- Southeastern Idaho has surprising and fun adventures for the whole family and you need to…
- Why this Prime Day may fall flat for Amazon’s stock
- School suspends social media accounts, district investigates reason for leaving student out…
- 7 things you didn’t know about ketamines for pain, depression, stress, and recovery…