One man dead in West Valley following drive-by shooting
WEST VALLEY, Utah- A drive-by shooting occurred early Tuesday morning in West Valley leaving one man dead, according to West Valley City Police.
Roxeanne Vainuku, a spokesperson for West Valley City Police, confirmed police responded to a call of a possible shooting around 3:20 AM.
A woman brought the male victim to the Jordan Valley Medical Center with two gunshot wounds, according to police. The man later died of his wounds at the hospital according to Vainuku.
The woman said she and the victim were in a vehicle in the general area of 3300 South and 4300 West when a vehicle passed them slowly. A passenger then got out and started to shoot in their direction hitting the male victim.
The investigation is still active and West Valley City Police are asking the public if they saw or heard anything to call the department at 801-840-4000.
This story is breaking and will be updated with more information.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- BYU premieres documentary ‘The Black 14: Healing Hearts and Feeding Souls’
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- Community theater cancels shows after concerns over casting