One man dead in West Valley following drive-by shooting
WEST VALLEY, Utah- A drive-by shooting occurred early Tuesday morning in West Valley leaving one man dead, according to West Valley City Police.
Roxeanne Vainuku, a spokesperson for West Valley City Police, confirmed police responded to a call of a possible shooting around 3:20 AM.
A woman brought the male victim to the Jordan Valley Medical Center with two gunshot wounds, according to police. The man later died of his wounds at the hospital according to Vainuku.
The woman said she and the victim were in a vehicle in the general area of 3300 South and 4300 West when a vehicle passed them slowly. A passenger then got out and started to shoot in their direction hitting the male victim.
The investigation is still active and West Valley City Police are asking the public if they saw or heard anything to call the department at 801-840-4000.
This story is breaking and will be updated with more information.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered